I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

Services to Unaccompanied Alien Children

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005
Administered by:

Department of Health and Human Services, Administration of Children and Families, Office of Administration
(see all US Federal Agencies)

Explore all postings for this grant program:
  • Original Grant - Jun 6, 2005
Applications Due:

Jul 18, 2005
Received By

total funding: $42,883,000
max award: $5,910,000
min award: $3,300,000
cost sharing, matching: No
number of awards: 27
type of funding: Cooperative Agreement

One of the functions of the Division of Unaccompanied Children's Services (DUCS) within ORR is to provide temporary shelter care and other related services to children in ORR custody. Shelter care services will be provided for the period beginning when DUCS accepts the child for placement and custody and ending when the child is released from custody, a final disposition of the child's immigration case results in removal of the child from the United States or the child turns 18 years of age. Shelter care and other child welfare related services in a State licensed residential shelter care program should be provided in the least restrictive setting appropriate to the UAC's age and special needs. While the majority of UAC remain in care for an average of 45 days, some will stay for shorter or longer periods of time. ORR is particularly interested in those facilities licensed for long term care as opposed to those facilities licensed as emergency shelters. This announcement provides the opportunity to fund providers of shelter (basic, group home, staff secure, secure, therapeutic group home, transitional and long-term foster care services) and those providers that conduct suitability assessments and provide recommendations on such assessments. In this announcement, providers are referred to as "Recipients." The children, although placed in the physical custody of the Recipient, remain entirely in the custody of the Federal Government.

Who can apply:

County Governments
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Profit Organization
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization

Eligible functional categories:
Funding Sources:

Unaccompanied Alien Children Program

More Information:


If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact: Tsegaye Wolde

Address Info:

Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®
Apply for grants and loans! Click here to start